Our Tax Law Services
As tax attorneys in Houston, we provide a full range of tax law services, including:
Whether you need to save taxes on a major transaction or you have been contacted by a special agent about a tax crime, our firm is here to help.
We have earned a reputation and a proven track record for creative planning and, with tax disputes, aggressive advocacy on behalf of our clients.
You can find out more about our team of tax attorneys here.
Call today to see how we can help, (713) 909-4906.
Client-Focused Counsel. Results-Driven Representation.
At Mitchell Tax Law, we understand that no two situations are the same. While we draw on decades of legal experience handling cases similar to yours, we also work to provide individualized representation that is tailored to your unique circumstances and goals. Our tax attorneys are responsive and consistently available for our clients, as well as steadfast legal advocates—both in and out of the courtroom.
Deep Tax Knowledge. We Are Thought Leaders.
If you want to know what we are thinking about, you can read the articles on our Houston Tax Attorney Blog. Here are a few of the more recent articles:
- Amount of 179D Tax Deduction for Building DesignerCongress often creates tax incentives, but it is up to the IRS and courts to determine their implementation and interpretation. The Sec. 179D tax deduction is an example of this. The statute provides broad concepts but lacks substance, leading to the courts playing a crucial role in determining its implementation and interpretation. The details matter… Continue reading Amount of 179D Tax Deduction for Building Designer
- Tax Court: Is Diabetes is a Disability?If you find yourself without a job or facing unemployment, one of the options you might consider is taking a distribution from your retirement account. This is especially true if you are disabled and need the income to pay for your living costs or even your medical care. These distributions often result in additional Federal… Continue reading Tax Court: Is Diabetes is a Disability?
- About the Monetized Installment SaleThe monetized installment sale is a tax strategy that allows a party to sell an appreciated asset while deferring capital gains tax for an extended period of time and receiving a significant portion of the sale proceeds in cash. The strategy involves the use of an installment sale and a monetization loan, which allows the… Continue reading About the Monetized Installment Sale
- The Premium Tax Credit TrapIn an effort to reform health insurance, the government implemented a system where it would make payments directly to insurance companies on behalf of taxpayers through the use of premium tax credits. These credits were a part of the Affordable Care Act and intended to make health insurance more affordable for those who might not… Continue reading The Premium Tax Credit Trap
- The Crime-Fraud Exception to the Attorney-Client PrivilegeOur laws protect certain communications. This includes communications with doctors, religious advisors, spouses, and even attorneys. When it comes to Federal tax matters, communications with tax attorneys are usually at the forefront. The IRS often seeks information about these communications to help it figure out how the taxpayer structured their affairs. The attorney-client privilege is… Continue reading The Crime-Fraud Exception to the Attorney-Client Privilege
You can also find out more about us by visiting our law firm website at kreigmitchell.com.
Why trust your case to Mitchell Tax Law?
- Our attorneys are highly experienced tax attorneys who are not afraid to take on sensitive and difficult cases.
- We have a proven track record of success in handling tax cases successfully.
- We are compassionate, responsive, and attentive, offering personalized legal counsel throughout each stage of the process.
- Our tax attorneys have been recognized by their peers and keep abreast of current law changes.
- In some cases, we are flexible to meet our clients’ needs—we offer evening and weekend appointments, Spanish-speaking services, and can come to you if you are unable to come to our office.
- Depending on the type of matter, we may offer free initial consultations and flat and contingent fees.
You can also use the contact form below to reach out to us or schedule an appointment with one of our Houston tax attorneys.