Our Tax Law Services
As tax attorneys in Houston, we provide a full range of tax law services, including:
Whether you need to save taxes on a major transaction or you have been contacted by a special agent about a tax crime, our firm is here to help.
We have earned a reputation and a proven track record for creative planning and, with tax disputes, aggressive advocacy on behalf of our clients.
Call today to see how we can help, (713) 909-4906.
Client-Focused Counsel. Results-Driven Representation.
At Kreig Mitchell LLC, we understand that no two situations are the same. While we draw on decades of legal experience handling cases similar to yours, we also work to provide individualized representation that is tailored to your unique circumstances and goals. Our tax attorneys are responsive and consistently available for our clients, as well as steadfast legal advocates—both in and out of the courtroom.
Deep Tax Knowledge. We Are Thought Leaders.
If you want to know what we are thinking about, you can read the articles on our Houston Tax Attorney Blog. Here are a few of the more recent articles:
- Correcting Tax Overpayments After the Refund PeriodThere are times when tax deadlines are strict. They cannot be changed. The time period for filing a refund claim is an example. Taxpayers generally have the later of three years from the filing of a return or two years from the payment of the tax to file a refund claim. But what if the…
- IRS Expands Sec. 9100 Relief for Late Forms 3115As innocuous as it sounds, the Form 3115 is a tax form like no other. A Form 3115 that is inadvertently omitted from a tax return filing can result in sizable differences in tax and trigger significant tax penalties and interest. Given the amounts that are often reported on the Form 3115, errors could cost…
- Converting Home to Rental to Get Tax Loss DeductionIf you move out of a house and rent it to a friend for less than fair market value rent, can you then take a tax loss on the subsequent sale of the house? If the home is not converted to a rental property, the loss is disallowed as a personal tax loss. If the…
- Tax Court Puffery: Exaggeration is Not EvidenceEvery communication makes statements. The statements may be truthful or false. A statement that is misleading or exaggerated is somewhere between these two. There can be significant legal consequences depending on where a statement falls on this continuum. This raises questions as to how precise do the statements have to be to be false? If…
- Funeral Expense Organization Denied Nonprofit StatusGargamel, the antagonist in the Smurfs, is the villain. Wile E. Coyote in the Road Runner, Raquelle in Barbie, Lex Luther in Superman, the Joker in Batman, Darth Vader in Star Wars. The list goes on. That is one side of these stories. It’s the side of the story that is presented to us. It…
You can also find out more about us by visiting our main website at kreigmitchell.com.
Why trust your case to Kreig Mitchell LLC?
- Our attorneys are highly experienced tax attorneys who are not afraid to take on sensitive and difficult cases.
- We have a proven track record of success in handling tax cases successfully.
- We are compassionate, responsive, and attentive, offering personalized legal counsel throughout each stage of the process.
- Our tax attorneys have been recognized by their peers and keep abreast of current law changes.
- In some cases, we are flexible to meet our clients’ needs—we offer evening and weekend appointments, Spanish-speaking services, and can come to you if you are unable to come to our office.
- Depending on the type of matter, we may offer free initial consultations and flat and contingent fees.
You can also use the contact form below to reach out to us or schedule an appointment with one of our Houston tax attorneys.
Start the conversation.
If you have a tax question or problem, we want to hear from you.